The Practical Nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN) and the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
To be admitted into the program a prospective student must apply and receive acceptance to Crowder College and complete the following:
- Have a valid high school diploma or the equivalent, such as GED or HiSet Complete the TEAS pre-entrance exam
- Have good moral character as evidenced by references
- Free of Class A or B felonies on criminal background check
- Enrolled in the Family Care Safety Registry (FCSR) with no disqualifying issues per clinical site determination
- Acceptable drug screen clearance
- Adequate finances and reliable transportation
- Ability to perform Required Functional Abilities
Application deadline is April 1st. The following steps must be completed and submitted by this date to be considered.
- Submit completed Application & Questions to Tammy Sisseck, Nursing Administrative Assistant
- Submit $40.00 non-refundable application fee in the form of cash, check, or money order made payable to Crowder College PN Program
- Apply to Crowder College if you have not been a former Crowder student. Fee is $25. Visit any Crowder College campus to complete this application process
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov Crowder School code is 002459. Click on the IRS data retrieval option. This will automatically download your 2018 tax information into the FAFSA. If you need assistance to complete your FAFSA, contact Crowder College financial aid services at 417-667-0518.
- Schedule to take the TEAS pre-entrance test. This test is computerized; you may have up to 4 hours to complete. Applicant will need to bring a credit/debit card (NO CASH) to pay test fee of $65.00. A total score of 54% on the TEAS test is preferred. If necessary, the applicant may have an opportunity to retake the TEAS, one time, with an interval of at least two weeks between tests, but applicant will need to pay the exam fee again to retest. Practice testing can be accessed http://www.teas6practicetest.com/ Youtube videos for TEAS 6 can also be searched. Call 417667-0518, ext. 5238 to schedule an exam. Start times are 9:00 am and 12:00 pm. TEAS test dates: February 24, 25, March 16, 17, 23, 24. Test dates are subject to change based on inclement weather cancellations.
- Submit official copy of high school transcript or equivalency. Sent transcript to address above. Electronic submission may be made to Tammy Sisseck If you are a current high school senior, have unofficial transcript sent and send official upon graduation.
- Submit three (3) professional references in sealed envelopes with signature of reference across the back seal of the envelope. Forms are attached to this packet. At least one reference must be from present or most recent previous employer. A professional reference is defined as a current or most recent employer, teacher, counselor, or clergy. References from relatives are not acceptable.
- Register on the Family Care Safety Registry for Missouri. *You can check to see if you are already registered by going to https://health.mo.gov/safety/fcsr/ Click on “Registration” tab, click “Register,” click the tab “Is a Person Registered.” Enter the requested information and you will be alerted if your Social Security number (SSN) is found in the database. If your SSN was found you have completed the requirements for this step. *If your SSN is not in the database you must register. There is a one-time fee of $15.25 to register. Click the Continue button next, then “To Proceed with Registration.” For the Employer name select “No Employer.” In the “Select if No Employer” field select “Student.” For the “Registration Type” select “Voluntary.” Continue to follow the on-line prompts to complete the remaining information. You will be asked for your payment information at the end of the process. You should receive a “Transaction Successful” message at the very end of the process. If you have any questions related to this process, please contact the Practical Nursing Program secretary at 417-667.0518, ext. 5238. Failure to register by application deadline may make you ineligible for admission.